Multi-Ride Tickets & Rail Passes
Multi-Ride Tickets, which allow you to take multiple trips using one ticket within a set amount of time, are available on many of our short-distance routes.
The monthly ticket is valid for unlimited travel between the origin and destination stations you select, and all stations in between, for an entire calendar month.
The six-ride Downeaster College Pass (for students only with college/university ID) is valid for a 365-day period on Downeaster trains between Boston - North Station, MA and Brunswick, ME.
The ten-ride ticket is valid for ten rides within a 45-day, 60-day or 180-day period depending on your origin and destination stations.
Review your ride history
When you purchase your monthly and multi-ride tickets on Amtrak.com or the Amtrak app, you'll have access to your ticket's usage history. Just retrieve the information using your reservation number with either your e-mail address or phone number used in the reservation. Then you'll be able to see a summary of the number of rides you have left, in the case of six- and ten-ride tickets, along with expanded information like the date, time and service used for each trip.
You can also review the number of rides remaining on your six- and ten-ride tickets by scanning your eTicket at any Quik-Trak kiosk.
For Which Routes Can I Purchase Tickets?
Multi-Ride Tickets are available for travel on many routes, but restrictions vary by route, destination and time of day. Multi-Ride Tickets may not be used on long-distance trains, certain segments of short-distance trains or Acela Express trains. View Multi-Ride Restricted Trains
||Newport News - Richmond - Washington, DC - New York - Boston|
||Harrisburg - Philadephia - Nwe York|
||Boston (BON) - Brunswick (BRK)|
||New York - Albany - Rensselaer|
||Chicago - Milwaukee|
Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg
|Chicago - Galesburg - Quincy|
|Lincoln Service||Chicago - St. Louis|
|Missouri River Runner||St. Louis - Kansas City|
|Illini, Saluki||Chicago - Carbondale|
|Wolverine||Chicago - Detroit - Pontiac|
|Blue Water||Chicago - East Lansing - Port Huron|
|Pere Marquette||Chicago - Grand Rapids|
|Heartland Flyer||Okalahoma City - Fort Worth|
|Amtrak Cascades||Portland - Eugene|
|Amtrak Cascades||Seattle - Mt. Vernon - Bellingham|
|San Joaquin||San Francisco/Oakland - Fresno - Bakersfield - Los Angeles|
|Capitol Corridor||San Jose - Oakland/San Francisco - Sacramento - Ashburn|
|Pacific Surfliner||San Luis Obipo - Santa Barbara - Los Angeles - Orange County - San Diego|
|Carolinian||Charlotte - Greensboro - Raleigh - Rocky Mount|
|Piedmont||Charlotte - Raleigh|
How Do I Purchase a Multi-Ride Ticket?
- Amtrak.com: You can purchase Multi-Ride Tickets on Amtrak.com. A major credit or debit card is required.
- Amtrak App: You can purchase Multi-Ride Tickets on the mobile app. A major credit or debit card is required.
- Amtrak Stations: Multi-Ride Tickets can be purchased at Amtrak station ticket offices. Please be aware that not all Amtrak stations have ticket offices.
- Quik-Trak Kiosks: Many Amtrak stations are equipped with Quik-Trak, our self-service ticketing kiosk. Avoid waiting in line by using Quik-Trak to make your Multi-Ride Ticket purchase. A major credit or debit card is required.
- By Phone: Call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to speak with a customer service representative to have a Multi-Ride Ticket mailed to you at home or at work. You must call every time you want a new ticket mailed. Allow at least 10 days before your first intended travel date.
- Multi-Ride Tickets are not available for purchase onboard trains.
Are Multi-Ride Tickets Refundable?
Refund rules vary depending on the type of ticket purchased, whether a ticket has been used already and when the refund request is made. See Refund and Exchange Policy for more information.
Are Multi-Ride Tickets Transferable?
No. Multi-ride tickets may only be used by the passenger whose name is on the ticket.
However, on the following routes only, more than one person may use a ten-ride ticket at one time. The person named on the ticket must be one of the passengers traveling and all passengers must travel together.
- Pacific Surfliner
- Amtrak Cascades (Eugene, OR - Portland, OR only)
- Heartland Flyer